Saturday, January 17, 2009

Drafting day 21. Page 70.

Had an epiphany! Yay! Something that really makes sense of the motivations of one of my characters. In a way that I hadn't actually even realised was missing till I had the epiphany. The best ones are always when you go 'how could I have been so dumb as not to have realised that before?' Anyway... it's only day 2 back at it and it looks like things are kicking off! One day that wasn't so good ain't so bad really...

Today's scene that I'd resigned myself to being not that good, kind of wrote itself. Still a logic problem there but I can look at that when I've finished the draft.

And very pleased about the thing I came up with today. One of those things that you only come up with when you're in the throes of the actual draft, I think.

4 comments:

Helen Rickerby said...

Ooh, epiphanies are cool! Maybe the break from this script was just what you needed.

the daily screenwriter said...

Yeah, maybe. Though I'm loath to extol the delights of time away from a script - that's dangerous - epiphanies are indeed cool though. Hey, universe, if there's any more where that came from... feel free to send 'em on over...

the daily screenwriter said...

PS. I did actually need time away from it. Was getting a bit bogged down.

Sean_Molloy said...

Epiphanies are cool. The word 'epiphany' is cool. The English language is cool.

Love,

Sean