Monday, January 5, 2009

Ticking along.

My spec thing is going okay. This morning I was contorted in a tense ball, all insecurity and angst, although I was slowly moving forward with the comedy... and I took a moment to ponder how ironic it was that this angst was for the cause of funny...

Anyway, after going down a few dead ends I hit on a solution. Phew.

Another angle I was working on yesterday though has bitten the dust. Would require too much research for a spec.

I'm realising I have specific rules for pitching (which is essentially what this is) - one is, it mustn't be research-heavy (as it may all be for naught anyway), and another is, it doesn't get as polished, for the same reason. That is, I'll get it in the ballpark and then send it. Rather than agonise over the finetuning.

1 comment:

Buzzer said...

I've also been a ball of angst working on comedy. Except part of my angst is that my producer has stopped calling the show I'm developing a sitcom. Now he says it's a drama, but a funny drama. So the big question is... am I suppose to be funny or not? Hence angst and tension as I sit there going "It's not funny enough" and then "Maybe it's too funny". Scream. Bang head. Write a line. Repeat.