Tuesday, June 24, 2008

page 20

Did a lot of plot notes and four pages of script, so not bad.

Am also thinking about reading a screenplay a month - cos I just don't read them. But I think one a month is not too scary. It'd be good for the writing.

Update: Have read the first half of Frank Darabont's (rejected) Indiana Jones IV script. Definitely better than the movie (not that that's saying much!). Really overwritten in that it's very directed on the page - shot for shot, virtually. Makes for a good read though.

4 comments:

Benedict Reid said...

I need to read more scripts too.

Sean_Molloy said...

I don't read screenplays either and are likewise thinking I should do so.

I hear Ben has a large number, and that he doesn't want to donate them to the Guild! (well that's the word on the grapevine anyway...)

Benedict Reid said...

What? News to me. There are few scripts I own that I haven't given to the guild library... but most of the scripts in my house are actually part of the guild library and free for borrowing.
Who do you get your dodgy information from Sean?

Sean_Molloy said...

I refuse to name my sources