Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Page 24

Chugging along. Have just had some good ideas for next time - looking forward to getting back to it!

Have to keep reminding myself it's just a first draft so it's okay if there are major flaws at this stage.

This is supposed to be a black comedy, but it's a bit thriller-ish at the moment and not terribly funny - I think that's okay as I am laying down the plot now and don't know my characters well yet. Surprising how well the plot's falling into place actually. Interestingly, I have no idea what's going to happen in the third act (though I do know where it'll end up). Kept having ideas for the second act and none for the third, finally decided to just get on with it and see what happens. So we'll see...

5 comments:

Benedict Reid said...

I wonder if you are worrying about the third act more because you stayed working on your script for an hour after you'd written your four pages.
I never did ask you what you did in that time... did you do a bit of storylining?

Sean_Molloy said...

I wonder if Ben is spying on you.

the daily screenwriter said...

I'm starting to wonder about hidden cameras myself.

blofeld said...

I think i will have to call you and interrupt you more often cause i am never going to keep up at this rate.

the daily screenwriter said...

I think that peer pressure's working...