Saturday, June 28, 2008

Page 32

Yay! Cos I didn't think I was going to manage four pages today. Rewrote a bit of what I did last time, too. It's all ticking along quite nicely. Though the scene I wrote today is going to be too long, I think. I wrote a funny rant moment that I then realised doesn't fit where I put it. It might fit in later in this scene. Or at another point. Might have to kill it as a darling, possibly.

It's all very interesting just biting the bullet and writing a draft without everything worked out. A lot of new realisations happening with this process. Still working on forgiving it/myself for not being perfect, though. But enjoying the process.

4 comments:

Buzzer said...

I heard the author of paddington bear (I think his name is Michael Bond) talking about writing on National Radio today. He said a lot of interesting things. But one thing he said is that he always looks forward to starting a new project but he's alway surprised how different a story is as soon as you start getting it down on paper. I'm paraphrasing here... but he said part of the thrill of writing is having an idea for a story, and then ending up with quite a different story. And that's just what always happens.

Helen Rickerby said...

I have been neglecting the blogosphere entirely this week, along with many other things, and so have just caught up on your progress this week. (Though I'm sure Sean would have mentioned if you had been slacking and required punishment.) I'm very impressed - sounds like you're going along really well. Keep up the good work!

the daily screenwriter said...

Thanks!

the daily screenwriter said...

Peer pressure rocks.