Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Drafting day 12. Page 46.

Day 53 since starting this project. Page 46.

Days outlining:15
Days drafting:12
Total days writing: 27
Days not writing: 26

Four pages today. Realised a slight logic problem with the next scene, may have to rethink how that goes. The outline is still holding up pretty well though. And it's nice sitting down to do pages and just looking at my outline to decide what the next scene is (I've added in one or two connecting scenes so far, but that's it.) Definitely frees me up to get on with it. Though I must admit that today I was feeling a bit uninspired. Still, four pages, though.

2 comments:

blofeld said...

It is interesting reading through your posts on the two scripts.

It seems to me that the first script you were writing but completely obsessed by how good your script was, and it stalled several times because of it. This script you seem to be more obsessed by how much and how fast you can get it out.

Just from the outside it seems you have come to terms with the concept of a first draft, and this is a major milestone.

Cut yourself some slack, and acknowledge that you might just be starting to get the hang of this whole writing thing.

the daily screenwriter said...

Thanks! That's how it feels like from the inside, too.

I haven't gone back to compare, but it's good to get a reality check from a reader - that change can't be completely my imagination, then.

I must say I'm quite proud about not being so obsessed about how good it is any more (not that I'm completely immune... but I think I can now describe myself as an ex-perfectionist. And about bloody time!)