Saturday, December 13, 2008

Drafting day 16. Page 58.

Day 63 since starting this project. Page 58.

Days outlining:15
Days drafting:16
Total days writing: 31
Days not writing: 32

Actually did a bit more than four pages today as there was more rewriting involved. Am caught up now though, pushing on into new territory.

I NEED ELVES! Paul Abbott said he wished there were elves who would write your first draft for you - WELL I NEED SOME ELVES.

Am impatient to finish (as ever) - I've calculated I should be done with this draft by January 10, if everything goes okay - that's with a reasonable number of days off built in. But I want to state a target date just to... well, convince myself this draft won't go on for ever...

It's actually going okay plotwise, for a first draft. And I'm learning that if I don't try too hard to craft each scene at this stage I'm able to be a lot more relaxed about this draft - and about the prospect of rewriting the whole thing. As I will inevitably need to.

No comments: