Saturday, August 23, 2008

Almost ready to go back to draft

But... still need to sort out the midpoint. I'm a bit disconcerted because I've just realised that the reason I went back to rewrite was to sort out a central relationship... but my rewriting actually ended up focusing on other things... so there are major questions I still need to sort out. At least I have decided what the midpoint needs to be generally (which is actually the opposite of what the midpoint is now). I am going to work out the midpoint (and make some decisions about how earlier scenes need to change to lead to the new midpoint) and then press on. I'm not going to go back to tweak those scenes though, because I really need to press on and get this draft done.

3 comments:

Sean_Molloy said...

15 pages today. And some of the best stuff I've written in the script in there. So pretty stoked!

the daily screenwriter said...

Wow. Congratulations!

Helen Rickerby said...

Daily Screenwriter - in general, I recommend pushing on. It's not always the right thing to do, but usually I think it is. If we writers let the editor part of our writing brain take over, we'd be forever re-writing the same paragraph.