Monday, August 4, 2008

Page 50 of the first half rewrite

Phew. Have just finished the major sequence I was changing. Now have a few other changes that have arisen, so will need to work through the rest of the script (which is now 75 pages long). Going quite well. My midpoint is now at page 64, which means that this draft probably isn't going to be as overlong as I thought. Though probably will push out a bit more from there as I work through.

Some strands are weaving together satisfyingly.

Can't think of anything else to say, really. Chugging along.

2 comments:

Benedict Reid said...

The film festival is over and I have much more time to write. So why is it that whenever I feel I have the luxury of time I end up stuffing around?
This morning I did next to nothing. I didn't even tidy my desk. At least I cleaned out my email inbox... so now I only have the 140 red-flagged for follow up emails left in the inbox.
Oh. And I also sent off that sitcom script to the producer. It's been a week since I did any work on it, and it's two weeks later than I said I'd sent it to him... but I realized that I simply wasn't going to make it any better in the next few days.
It's that whole "scripts aren't finished they're abandoned" thing. That's why deadlines are so useful for me in my writing.

Helen Rickerby said...

Daily screenwriter, good that you're back at it. Pleased to hear you're using metaphor. I've recently decided that symbolism is my favourite thing.

Ben, good on you for sending your script off. Hope tomorrow you'll be ready to get back to work.