Friday, July 18, 2008

Back plotting

Fairly productive day today. Had storyline notes for everyone except my protagonist. Had a look at what she's doing today. Came up with some things that tied things together, figured out roughly where she's going and what's going on in this sequence. I find that a lot of this is just painstakingly applying logic. This, therefore that. It's just that there is such a vast quantity of logical steps to make up the world/story that you have to constantly keep going over it for 'obvious' things you've missed. I am always pleased when I work out something 'obvious', feels like a solid step forward.

I wasn't sure I'd really be ready to start back on pages on Monday, but today that seems... not unachievable.

When I do go back to pages I am going to rewrite some of what I've done till now - I've made some decisions that involve changes earlier in the story, too many to ignore.

Blog was useful today. Really didn't feel like writing this morning, but if I had two days off in a row, what WOULD people think??

So I did, and it went okay.

2 comments:

Benedict Reid said...

I forced myself to write today and got out 6 pages. A new record on this project. Were they good pages? Not really. But then that's been true of most of this project. I was happy with two of them and four of them will need some more work before I'll let anyone see them.
It was a useful reminder that forcing yourself to work tends to result in you getting more done. Without the quality necessarily being damaged.

ed said...

I'm impressed with you all - I'm not writing till I've done my tax (because if I started I would never do my tax), and the film festival is on (so tax is on a go slow) - so I'm not writing for another 2 weeks now!