Monday, July 7, 2008

Page 59

Quarter way down the page.

Not so happy with what I wrote today. Those scenes need to be there but I'm not sure about the purpose of the first one, maybe it will actually need to go somewhere else, and with the second one, I'm still figuring out what the beats in there should actually be. Am at the midpoint at this point. Don't really like these scenes right now, and that's disappointing. I know it's just a first draft, but still...

I wonder if having a day off didn't help. I actually wanted to be writing yesterday. I think I will wait till I really feel like I need it before I have another day off.

5 comments:

ed said...

Hate to say this but for Raw drafts (and I would argue raw drafts only) I have a note saying "it is better to write than to get it right" on my computer. and I have been told "although you should only write what you know, you won't know what you know until you write" - both of which lead me to the conclusion that your raw draft is akin to dragging the sunken tree out of the swamp of unconsiousness - it is the redrafts which are the carving of the art work from that raw material.

the daily screenwriter said...

Yeah. I know. Hard going slogging through the swamp though!

Angsting about making it perfect has never been useful in my experience. I'm getting better at not being perfect. Slowly.

blofeld said...

Just for the benefit of the chocolate fish awards, I am up to page 34. Also I had better get my freak on as I was only two pages behind you at one point and now you have almost doubled my page count.

And just for the record, two of my scenes are absolute genius. The rest... urgh!

the daily screenwriter said...

So far looks like you'll be up for the inaugural Fishie. Unless there are any other contenders out there...

Sean_Molloy said...

No challenge being mounted on the inaugural fishie from my camp. Though I will be claiming one!