Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rewriting

Back to the script. Rewrote two scenes. I've got roughly three more to rewrite before I'm back writing new pages.

I'm finding rewriting is a bit harder than the original writing. Looking back over my opening and seeing scenes that really aren't working, ouch. Just have to ignore them and move on...

Might be getting RSI. Just some forearm soreness/tension. Anybody got any ideas on how to deal with that? I sit on a sofa while I'm writing and sit my laptop on my lap. Do I need forearm rests or something?

Happy film festival everyone!

4 comments:

Benedict Reid said...

My understanding is that forearm rests often actually make the RSI worse. But it really depends what type you have. Where's the pain?

d f mamea said...

see here for positioning, and there for what to do with your microbreak.

our couch faces the television which is too great a temptation.

the daily screenwriter said...

Thanks. Will try that out.

Helen Rickerby said...

Good that you're back to actual script, even if rewriting. I have a suspicion that typing on the couch can't be a good thing. Can you do it on the table? Also, make sure you breathe - it sounds silly but it's important to get enough air while sitting a fixed position doing a repetitive thing. If it became a realy problem, I'd suggest plugging in a full-size keyboard (which obviously would need to not be plugged into your laptop)