Monday, July 14, 2008

Plotting week

It's official - this week I am going to work on plotting rather than press ahead writing pages. Today I ended up making lots of character notes. Realised that my characters have been rather neglected. Came up with some good realisations. One of my characters is still very one dimmensional though. Have rethought one of the character arcs in the first half too. Not sure if I will rewrite that before calling the first draft complete, or put it on the backburner to tackle next time around. Don't like that plotting isn't measurable the way writing pages is. But at least giving a written account of it here makes it feel a bit more real.

2 comments:

Sean_Molloy said...

You have seven days only to plot, and then we will start demanding pages...

Benedict Reid said...

I did one page yesterday... and today I'm having difficulty getting started. I know it's only 9.20am, but I've been sitting here for half an hour not working.
This is not so much a comment on how you've been going... more about my headspace.
I should stop surfing and start looking at the last line I wrote.