Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Plotting

A writer is the only person who can say "I've been plotting" and it doesn't mean they're evil (necessarily).

Anyway, I've been plotting. Realised I need to be clearer about where I'm going in the second act, it was just going to take a bit of time before I did more script but it ended up taking the whole time. I'm pleased though. Have been able to think through some things, have scenes and sequences I didn't have before, have even started to have ideas for the third act (which has been a bit of a blank before). Was just going to look at the first half of second act but have looked at the whole thing. Might do this tomorrow too. Was fun, ran out of time but felt like I could have spent the whole day on this.

And - yes - I'm now blogging as 'the daily screenwriter' rather than just 'writer'. 'Writer' was just too generic. And 'daily' - well, I'd better live up to my name now!

4 comments:

Helen Rickerby said...

I hope your plotting was at least kind of evil.

the daily screenwriter said...

Actually, given the actual plot, you could describe it that way.

blofeld said...

Just for the record I have spent the last two days trying to decide whether intestines were funnier than blood.

I think that constitutes plotting?

the daily screenwriter said...

I think it all depends on how it's done.

That definitely constitutes 'plotting', but, hm, which kind?