Thursday, July 10, 2008

Page 65

Three quarters of the way down.

So that's two and three quarter pages. That's all I could manage. I think that was because I had a lot of difficulty with deciding how the scene would go. Not sure I've got there. It's more of a placeholder scene, but it's a placeholder scene that will do.

I'm starting to wonder if the rest of the script is going to be slower, because I'm kind of moving into uncharted territory plotwise a bit.

Had a brief look over my script and was slightly disheartened that it's quite uneven. Though of course it is a first draft and all that. Just gotta get it done!

So, my midpoint is page 64/65. I think it will move slightly earlier as I redraft and tighten up the first half.

3 comments:

Benedict Reid said...

Yeah. I got no writing done myself. Bit disappointed, as yesterday I managed 4 pages. For me it was because I was sidetracked by emails and such... but really it's probably because I'm not quite sure how to handle the next bit of my sitcom script.
In the past I've found it sort of works itself out if you keep applying pressure. You write a few scenes without really knowing where you're going next and then you sort of suddenly get your bearings. I tend to have these moments of inspiration where I see where I've been and I see where I've got to go. Often after I hit these moments of inspiration I'll have a great writing day where I write 8 or 9 pages, and also revise the earlier part of the script to help support the new direction the script is taking. Generally what results is a firmer turning point.

Sean_Molloy said...

You're over halfway through your marathon! Yay!

(Think of us as your support team with a bottle of water and one slice of orange.)

(Yes, only one. We're a cheap support team.)

the daily screenwriter said...

(*gasp!* - weak wave) - really needed that slice of orange...